Sunday, September 6, 2009

Learning to Use Podcasts

After viewing the TechLiterateTeacher podcasts I am more aware of the definite distractions a video Podcast can present than an Audio Podcast. I deliberated on some of the possible pros and cons of the Podcasts, while considering the Podcasts I will be expected to create. I was specifically struck by the distractions of this video Podcast verses merely some of the Audio Podcast I have listened to so far this semester. Previously I listened to a Podcast, Kidcast, and Dan discussed some of the possible problems or special aspects to consider when creating a video verses an audio podcast. I completely agree and this will be of vital importance when we decide which type to produce.
If we are going to produce a Video Podcast, I think we should be very detailed in some of the visual aspects of the Podcast. As I am a multi-learning individual, the aspect of the background of the Video became a serious distraction for me to listen and relate to the topic. The movement of the individual people, and the facial expressions also became a focus point for me, rather than concentrating on the topic.
Rather Audio or Video, another aspect I decided would be of special interest to someone who is both an audio and visual learner, is that the conversation needs to flow easily, and the presenter’s need to be sure of what they are discussing. It becomes a similar distraction to the audience if there is a lot of silence in the Podcast, it is very slow moving, or of a monotone type performance. I think that if we are able to practice what we are going to discuss, have some pointers to keep the conversation moving, and be aware of how our body language can affect the audience if we prepare a Video Podcast, we will enhance the performance.

1 comment:

  1. Angel, I agree with you completely about practicing before the podcast. I think considering tones, movement, and flow of conversation will definitely improve the podcasts we make in class.

    ReplyDelete