Friday, August 21, 2009

For My Classmates

The Sky is the Limit My name is Angel Shay Padgett. I am 34 years old, and willbe 35 in December. I am married to a wonderful man, Kevin, andhave a 10 year old son, who will be 11, in November. We justbuilt our first house, though we have owned a house previously.I have wanted to be a teacher since I was 15 years old, when I took World History my 10th grade year at Pascagoula High School. My teacher was so passionate about history, and the day I remember thinking, "I want to teach," was the day she announced we were going to watch videos about the Holocaust and she wept in front of the entire class after the video. She moved me so much, for I too had cried silently as I watched those atrocities for the first time in my young life. I have never forgotten her, though I have not seen her since I graduated in 1993. I hope one day, to complete my teaching degree and to affect a young person's life the way she affected my life. I choose to attend USA because it was close for me to drive, so that I do not have to be away from my family a lot. I love spending time with my family, and although I really want to finally graduate, I do not want to take any more time away from them than I have too. I hope that we are all able to look back at the end of this semester and feel satisfied at the time we have spent. When you feel overloaded try to think of a day that made you smile, like my picture above. This photo always makes me think of when I was a child, or lying with my son on our backs looking at the sky and guessing what the clouds are. I hope you feel peace during your time at USA, remember life is too short to waste a moment. Find happiness in your heart, and live a longer life! See everyone Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment