Friday, October 2, 2009

Dr. Christie's expert advice....

Dr. Christie wrote some interested facts and ideas, however considering I am studing to be a history teacher, the most interesting aspect for me was the GPS usage in class. I have so much to learn and I cannot wait to actually start teaching to continue my education process! Dr. Christie's site will be very useful for me I'm sure in several ways, but I really loved her ideas for the GPS lesson plans. She discussed some things I am aware of in reference to using GPS, however I had never thought of it being possible as part of a lesson. That is the most interesting aspect of technology to me, the more I learn about technology, the more I learn how to think outside of the box I grew up learning in.

GPS receivers and geocaching is definitely something I will look into for use in my classroom. It will be a wonderful way to connect past and present for students who are learning completely different than the way I did as a student 20 years ago. Dr. Christie explained specifically how you can use the system for lessons, experiments, or activiites. As I was reading I also was thinking how fun it would be to have group activities using the GPS system or geocaching. Also using Google Earth will enhance our class experience. I am so amazed at all of the oppurtunities technology offers now, and will offer. I am excited about all of the oppurtunities to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment