Friday, October 2, 2009

IPODS for Instruction

Click Here education-world.com
Learning how to use Ipods in the Classroom

I am amazed as I have said before at all of the uses availabe with technology that many educators are not aware of, or if they are, the ones I know are not using. I am excited about implementing some of these aspects of teaching into my classroom and maybe teaching my co-workers how fun and exciting their own classrooms would be if they were willing to embrace a new way of thinking and teaching. We know that students are not learning at the same rate, or by the same applications on average in everyday life so I do believe it would be beneficial to explore all options of teaching available, even the ones that may seem unconventional by others.

As I researched I found the site Education World and thought it was interested due to the fact that it immidiatly cut through the chase for me and got right to the point dealing with the topic I was searching for. It gave me a link where I could view several differnt options for using Ipod in the classroom. Apple discussed how to "spark" their learning anywhere, a discussion and link to Duke University was abailable, which was interesting to read, and several other schools or applications. Duke's unique involvement was their innitiative to give all of their freshmen Ipods to learn with. I found this interesting as I was thinking about teaching in my own classroom as well. It would be so easy to do group projects then where all students could view the same thing and then meet back next class period ready to work with ideas. From a college standpoint, I thought how neat it would be if professors gave students a class off every month, to conserve on energy at the building, and they could Podcast a lecture for all of the students to watch.

A comment was made on this site that the site was difficult to move around in unless you were familiar with technology. Since I am somewhat familiar, I did not find the site to be difficult to move around it, but I do not know if a teacher who is not technologically literate would feel overwhelmed. I enjoyed the site, and even book marked it for my own personal use at a later date. It was not only useful for this assignment, but I believe it would be very useful to me as a teacher in class.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, Angel. It's amazing to know that there are so mnay different types of technologies out that can be used in the classrooms. I never thought about using an iPod, but it makes so much sense. I think your idea of getting off a month and watching the lectures on an iPod is great. Not only would students and teachers be using technologial resources for learning, but we'd be saving energy at the same time; great idea!

    ReplyDelete