Friday, October 2, 2009

I TUNES U

This is absolutely awesome! I really had NO idea of all of the uses of this site. My son has been subscribing to Itunes since he got a small Ipod a few years ago. My husband and I were not at all familiar with Itunes or its uses, however my son seemed to catch right on. He spent hours on the site, to the point that I was forced to become familiar with the ways he could use it, and the types of applications available. However, until this EDM class, I had no idea we could have been using Itunes U for his school work!

Tonight, I took time to look around on the site and see what all I could find. As a student I am convinced I will be using the site from now on. I looked through some of the classes I am now taking and searched for specific topics just to see what I could find. I am in West Civ I and so I decided to go and look up the Persian Wars. I was able to listen to several different Podcasts from University Professors around the world speaking on the topic. I even went and listend to some of the readings of Homer's Odyssey since we just finished discussing that in class as well. Next I went to look up some topics on Economics since that is also a class I am taking this semester. I found that I could easily pick a Chapter and a topic and listen to a professor lecture on the very topic I heard a lecture on this week. It was fascinating.

Once I begin teaching I do believe that there will be numerous ways I can use this site. If we are discussing a specific topic I can look it up and have things saved and ready to pull up in class. I can show the students pictures of the area, listen to comments made from others on the topic, or maybe find aspects of the study that are left out of our text. Again, I was pleased with the possibilities available with this site for my teaching oppurtunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment