Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No Goggle is not making us stupid!

I believe that Google is the scapegoat for what is actually happening in our society, we are no longer using learning processes in the same capacity due to technology. 20 years ago a person's capacity to critically process information was much more in depth than we are required to perform today due to the advancement of technology in the workplace. So many more applications are actually performed for us today, thus clearing up time management and allowing new innovative management skills to occur.

I remember vividly when I was in high school spending hours in the library as a teenager researching information, actively reading and painstakingly reviewing material. Although I do agree that Google has changed our ability to research and put our hands on material, I do not find this to be a bad thing. I for one am thoroughly pleased with this technology advancement and enjoy surfing the web at home, not having to brave the cruel world. I also am an example of someone who knows that we are learning differently, however I know that I am not someone processing less for it! I feel in fact more informed now than ever before due to the opportunity to acquire information so readily.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Angel, I have been enjoying reading through your blog posts and absolutely agree with what you have written here. In fact I did my own post about this last year. It is too easy to 'blame' a big corporation or the goivernment for our own lack of understanding.
    Dorothy
    Auckland , NZ

    ReplyDelete